Monday, November 23, 2009

Hi all. I am a little calmer today..not much but some.Mom and Savannah were here & brought goodies. Jed had a fever this afternoon and then he went into that weird thing where he just looks at you with huge eyes but doesn't say anything. If you ask him the same question repeatedly you might get a whisper, head movement or just more staring. Dr. Blackall came in and while he and I were talking I asked Jed if he was listening, he nodded his head. I then asked him if he understood what i was talking about and I got another nod. I questioned him and managed to figure out it's the weakness that makes it hard for him to talk. It was good to know that his brain was working in there but sad to know he was too weak to even answer a question. A little later he asked Savannah to go get him a gator aide. he sipped some of that through a straw and since then he has been propped up watching cartoons and nodding off. I think he is making progress. I hope. I am hoping these fevers stop soon and there is no weird virus in there cooking.
Oh, here is my WTF story of the day. Savannah and I went down and put my laundry in. The dryer was running but the washer was empty. We loaded it up, started it and left. Mom went down about 40 mins later to move the stuff to the dryer. She came back and said, "so I've got bad news, your laundry is gone". I laughed and said, "yeah right". Her response was " no I am serious, it's gone and we can't find it" . So to shorten this long story someone took all my laundry out of the washer..soaking wet and disappeared with it! The guy that was in there while we were looking helped but he said the washer was empty when he came in. We looked and called the coordinator and she looked but it was nowhere. About an hour later Savannah was looking again and just checked the dryer...it was full of my clothes! The other guy had come back to move his load to the dryer. Savannah traded him so she could wash mine again (who knows who touched it). So my stuff was in the washer, again, and his was in the dryer. When mom went to move my laundry to the dryer the guy came in to get his stuff out of the dryer...it was empty!!!!Someone had taken his laundry. As least his was dry! Savannah and mom helped him look but as far as I know he has not found it. Weird. For me it was a big red flag saying Do Not Do your Transplant laundry here. Mom said someone will bring it home and mom will do it and seal it up to come back the next day. That's a lot of work for her and she will be back at work but there really is no other way to make sure weird people don't touch it! So that was my weird story for the day.
i hope this eve is non-eventful. I know that the nurses up here were thinking I was " a little stressed out". At one point Jed would not answer or nod or anything he just stared at me. I went out to Deana..I'm sure I looked crazy. I told her Jed is unresponsive. She came in and after some coaxing we managed to get him to respond. That's when she decided to drop the phenergan for awhile to see if it makes a difference. Still waiting to see. But this is how weird I am, after all that what i have been thinking about is.... it correct to say unresponsive or non-responsive?
oh man, tons of fun
love J & K
Thanks all for the positive vibes and nice comments. It all helps!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that's scary when he doesn't respond, but even though you don't realize it, it sounds like you handle these hard situations with grace.

By the way, it's unresponsive. When I looked up non-responsive on dictionary.com it kept saying, "Did you mean unresponsive?" There you go- since you asked!

Hope today's a better day.