Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hi. well 2 down 3 to go. He is tired and the bone ache has not gone away yet but Deana (nurse practitioner) said that his blood counts show that the cancer cells are being killed!!!! yay. They did come in earlier and say that there was a slight issue with his echo and ekg. They redid the EKG and after that Dr. Ungar decided to go ahead with the idarubicin tomorrow. I am glad because I would have been afraid to not do it. This ara-c that he is getting he has gotten before and by itself the cancer cells can outsmart it but with the combo of the 2 drugs the hope is it will get him into remission. It turns out that his echo and ekg meet the standards for this protocol so they are not endangering him or anything. He did have a mini melt down today. He just cried and cried, and moaned. He wishes he was DJ and he doesn't want a broviac and he hates his life on and on. the only argument i have for that is..... a crappy attitude with make everything so much harder. I told him i don't think he needs to be chipper and do back flips but he needs to try to be as positive as possible. He was very frustrated with me, telling me " I can't and if you were me you would know". He is right but I am just not going to let him have that attitude. I told him he can cry and be scared and upset..but the moaning about wishing he was someone else and that he hates his life will be kept to a minimum. It's a waste of valuable energy and puts a very negative vibe into the room. I don't want him to be a victim, I want him to be a winner.I just hope i don't regret being pushy. I have no clue how he feels but I am afraid that morose attitude will just do him in. Deana talked to him and calmed him down. I actually started talking to Danny on the phone and pretended not to listen and he and Deana figured out a pain management plan on their own. Deana also told him that she is in charge of deciding when the broviac goes in and she will make sure it is at the last possible moment. After she left he calmed down and then was much nicer to me! BUT he got a little snippy again when I made him get up so I could wipe him off and change the sheets! Heaven forbid we smell better. I am getting him used to doing that everyday so when we do come in for the big event it will not be a new thing. I have no idea if it will work that way but at least his sheets are clean today! Danny brought him subway so he was better after that. He played his game that Nana and Pappaw brought him today and then he went to sleep. So far, not too bad...so far!!!
Lots of Love and good thoughts are being sent our way. We appreciate it ALL. Tomorrow night Casey, Kevin and their brood in MD are having Pizza hut deliver pizza rolls and cinna sticks for dinner! Not too shabby! Jed liked that. He also ordered boston creams and cranberry ginger ale from my mom to bring tomorrow.oh and softer toilet paper!!!! So all in all we are just fine.
Thanks again to everyone for everything. I will be saying that a lot!!
Love Jed and Kristin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristin could you please make a list for all of us out here that want to help with GIFT CARDS to certain restaurants and stores that would be helpful to you all.
Thanks Trish

Anonymous said...

I would have to agree with you, no room for the negative thoughts/feelings, but at the same time Jed is human and how can he not feel that way, I think it is good to get it out, maybe allow 15 min each day to let the negative feelings escape, then they are gone and can't come back that day, they only have a certain time frame to get out....then you can both try to find some positives, like the cinna sticks and pizza rolls etc and hopefully smile, laugh etc! Much Respect to you both, ~Sara Liberte