Monday, November 29, 2010

Back to real life....boooo. It was something like 25 degrees this morning. So unnecessary. I swear my plane landed and my tan faded immediately. Danny said last night as he was getting into bed...hey, my tan is fading already!! See it's not just me. What will not fade are the wonderful memories from our trip to the Slatton/Linclon household....on St. Croix...lovely.
Here is a picture of my FAVORITE place on the island.....
014
That is MY beach....oh and bar :)

My flight home was uneventful...well except when the check in lady told me I was "good to go" and I left. I left without my bag that I was to take with me through customs...and I was all the way through security, putting on my shoes when a HUGE guy comes up and says "what's you name" in an unfriendly voice. He then took me all the way back through customs and security and crap. Gave me my bag....that the counter lady had TAKEN from me......then I got to do it all again...yay. but that's all for events. Kinda...
Ok so this picture is a bit creepy but on my flight from St. Thomas to Philadelphia I look to the right and back a bit and these are the legs I saw....
kid on plane
yes it's dark and hard to see but those are skinny legs in cargo shorts crossed with blue crocs....I almost choked. I swear under other circumstances I would have been positive that was Jed without seeing any other part of the kid. It was Jed....telling me I was not "flying solo" as my brother called it. crazy...but very cool.
See look at this leg...and yes I am WELL aware that this is right on the line of
freak-dom...but still..
crocs
Sooo, yes I am home and back to my crazy self.
The dog doesn't seem to care that we are home really. Thanks Mom and Dad for taking care of "cujo".
UGH I am COLD!!!!!! I do not like it Sam I am..I think my brain is freezing. I have a test and a project. Oh today we had a guest lecturer for environmental science....she happened to be the person that trains my brother every 5 weeks when he has to renew his reactor operator license. Now I guess it will be known that Adam has a "slow" sibling. She was giving out ice scrapers for correct answers....no, I did not get an ice scraper....shut up I don't want to hear it. Who needs a stupid ice scraper anyway.
I am missing Kate's awesome laugh, Russ' chill attitude, Azure's little voice and Elan's HUGE smile. I am missing the warmth, the sun, the crystal clear water. I am missing the whole vibe of the place and the lovely family there. Love St. Croix. I love that it is not a built up tourist place. Going back??? Right now is not soon enough.
Jed40
Baby Love, I am missing you more than any words could ever describe. Yes, I see your signs, I am so appreciative of all the hard work you are doing for me and you seem to be showing Jaz the ropes! Give extra special love to Jaz's family....they need it. Watch over your sister and give her extra strength to handle all this. I MISS YOU JED. Mommy Loves you
Love J & K
I am literally shaking while I type this it is so cold in here....UGH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg before reading your whole post my first thought of that pic was.....creepy looks like a three legged person.......then immediately I thought....oooo the crocs......JED....very cool yet still oddly creepy...lol meg