Monday, November 15, 2010

Savannah and her "little sister" Jaz.
srjaz

I spent most of the day at Hershey Med again. Savannah called me when I was between classes this morning to tell me Jaz was in PICU and might be vented. She went right there. I came home and dad drove me to Hershey so I would be there to drive Savannah home whenever she was ready. Visiting there is not too hard....leaving is a nightmare. I didn't want her leaving there alone. They have stopped Jaz's treatment. Her cancer is back and to keep pouring chemo in her is not fair and would only be torture at this point....wow where have we heard that before? They brought her back to 7west. She was fairly alert and was very happy to see Savannah. Our Gamma Phi-Acacia family showed up. They have adopted Jaz as their own. Knowing they are there to hold Savannah up is a great comfort. We have leaned on them and relied on them so much I have no idea how we would make it without them. They are lovely, perfect gifts from Jed.
As dad was leaving the hospital after dropping me off, the car in front of him had a license plate that said "Jed's Ma".... :) He is always with us.
When I was at hershey the other day with Savannah I saw Dr. Bell and I was thrilled to see Dr. Khan but I was wondering where "our" docs were? The "old guard". not really old but you know what I mean! So today I saw Dr. Comito, Dr. Ungar and Dr. Neeley! It was very nice to see them. I remember Dr. Comito said to me a long time ago,"Jed is one of my very favorite patients, I love that boy". :) I got to see Deana again. It is always wonderful to see her. I also saw Bubba and Denise. Lovely...oh and Dr. Mikey....famous for his teenage mutant ninja turtle expertise. I spoke to Dr. Fecile....wonderful woman..and Dr. I also saw many many nurses that I did not see the other day. I know I said this before but it is oddly comforting to be back on the floor, it is a bit disconcerting how quickly I fall right back into the whole routine of the place.

OMG how cute are they?
jazmeadsav
I am sick with sadness knowing what this family, we have come to love, is going to have to go through. I am also sick with worry and sadness knowing what Savannah will be going through. Again though, thank god for Mead & Brent and Lizzie & Kait, and all of our Gamma Phi Acacia family. (I want to name all of you but....that is not possible)
The love of my life....
Jed253
Jed the penny you left in the room was found and everyone knew who it was from. :) Talking to so many that love you and miss you today was really very nice. I hate that it is under such horrible circumstances. Please look out for Jaz, hold her hand. Mommy loves you baby Jed.
love J & K

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristin--
We love you and of course, we're going to be there every step of the way. GammAcacia--Family Forever.

Love, Kait and all of the Gamma Phi-Acacia Family

Becky said...

Oh that sucks sucks sucks...

Anonymous said...

Kristin,

We will always be around for whenever and whatever you need.

Love,
Sam and the rest of the Gphi-Acacia Fam