Monday, October 25, 2010

20 years, You have been gone as long as you were here. We were only friends for a few short years but the imprint you left on my life is beyond measure. When I made the decision to let Jed go...I was giving him to you. My first thought was that I knew he would be ok because you were there and you would take care of him. I'm sure you have become great pals, trading smart ass comments and reveling in your mutual favorite color. I'm sure Jed is not wearing red pumps though. Probably red converse or crocs. When I had to make that horrible decision to stop Jed's treatment I remember thinking that you had been gone almost 20 years and I still cry when I say your name. You were my friend and I miss you that much.....this is my child, how will I survive? Then the the beautiful, comforting thought that you were there, waiting and ready for him calmed me. I see your mother's pain from a whole new place now. Never, when we were kids, did I ever imagine I would one day be able to understand the hell your mom is living. My Jed's passing was so similar to yours that I knew what to expect. I knew what would happen, it was almost identical. What your mom has endured....it is more than should be expected from one person. How is your brother? I bet he and Jed get along very well too. Renee Ann Tompkins, when you were sick I prayed to change places with you, I begged to please let it be me and not you...but I stayed and you left. I did the same all those years Jed was sick. I just wanted to trade places with him, please, just let me be sick and not him....but again, I stayed and he left. Take good care of my son.

This is a pretty yucky date. Renee left us on 10/25/1990 and my grandfather picked the same day in 1994. They ONLY positive thought is that they were there, with Renee's brother Marc and my other Grandfather to make sure that Jed was not scared and is happy and safe. Other than that,,,,there is not a damn good thing about it. This day SUCKS....just sucks.
Renee this picture is for you....see what you are missing...chuckle....
photoadam
MY brother, the Fairie, cowgirl, Jedi warrior. YeeHaw.

So on to something better. Savannah and I are working on the details of The Jedediah Thomas Smith Foundation. I need your help. if ANYONE has ANY art that Jed has sent them over the years can you scan it in and send it to me? We are specificly looking for trees, sun, stars, that kind of stuff. Of course all I have, except for the stuff he did very young, are rows and rows of cheat codes. We are trying to design a logo. I want a tree, a star and a J..maybe a sun. SOOO if anyone has some Jed art work please email me a copy of it. Also..if ANYONE has any ideas they would like to draw up and send to us that would be great too. Really any ideas would be cool to have so we just have other perspectives.

The Jedediah Thomas Smith Childhood Cancer Foundation
.......................... Fighting for a Cure.............................


The Jedediah Thomas Smith Memorial Foundation
.......................Fighting Childhood Cancer
....................

See we need some ideas. Whenever I ask questions on here no one answers so HEY....just email me anything that pops into your head...or any logo you think up, and of course any "Jed art" you may have. cancersuckskdsj@gmail.com...that's me. We have big plans but cannot go forward until we get this settled. Having exactly the right logo and name is hugely important to me. Help

check out Bo-peep in the mirror.... Halloween 2008
bopeep in the mirror

Halloween 2007....
020

Jed, you know what I'm going to say...this sucks...I miss you and it just gets worse and worse. Tell Renee to let you drive the Fire Bird! Mommy Loves you funny guy.
Love J & K

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear K,
thank you for the wonderful rememberence of Renee, it was beyond sweet. Yeah this day always sucks. Alisha and Ella were up today and I know she tries to cover these bad days, but they are always there. I have always known in my heart that when you start believing that Renee now has him with her, you will start to heal and maybe some of the pain will not be quite so bad. As mothers we have done what we had to do and more. Now it is time for us to let go and let God have back his children. I also have waited along time to see my kids but I know that when my time here has come to an end, I will look around and in a moments time they will all be there with me. My heart takes comfort in this thought. Life is so short so live to be the best you can be, cause I believe they are not watching and checking in on us.

Just one last tidbit. yesterday we were moving Alisha and Kevin in to their new home and Alisha found a quarter which feel out of a box and she proclaimed loudly "this is my first quarter". I guess she has been watching for hers. Later that evening we saw a huge falling star and we all knew "they" were watching and approved of our day. The day ended with much love and many smiles. thank you and love always plh

Anonymous said...

Dear K
word is "now" watching and checking in on us -- not "not" watching and checking in on us. word dilema...plh

Becky said...

10/25 is my birthday, so I happen to think that something good happened on that day. But I have family members that would say otherwise...

I feel the same way about my Tracey. Some days I just get so pissed I can't pick up the phone and talk to her. Doesn't stop me from talking to her, just sometimes I wish she'd answer. I do know she is nearby though. She has let me know that, just the same way you know Jed is nearby.
xoxo