Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween.....not really

jed pumpkin

We did get to see Livi the puppy...then the three of us went to dinner. We got home a few minutes before trick or treat ended. Some extra lovely person put battery operated candles in my Jed pumpkin...thank you so very much. That was a wonderful thing to do for us. It meant a lot that someone made sure it was lit. Jed so LOVED hanging on the porch handing out candy and then running across the street to the church to grab a free hot dog with warm cider. I mean he really really loved it.
Hayley looked sad sitting on her porch giving out candy with just the pumpkin on our porch instead of her buddy Jed. :(
That was way harder than I expected. Seeing that pumpkin, lit up on a dark porch was beyond heartbreaking. Why is that all I get now? Everything is dark....but in that dark.....is the warm glow of our memories of Jed. Beautiful and completely devastating at the same time.
Thanks again to whoever put the battery candles in our pumpkin.
Jed....I hope all your friends saw your pumpkin and a nice memory they hold of you surfaced for a moment. My heart is breaking...how it can be possible that there is anything left to break I don't know. Mommy Loves You Big Jed
Love J & K

2 comments:

AT&O said...

Happy Halloween my lovely sweet boy! We miss you terribly. liv felt your warm hug and thank you so much for the quarter! we love you!

Katie Donigan said...

I love that someone made sure Jed's pumpkin stayed lit. And what a metaphor - Jed the warm glow in the surrounding darkness.

Lots and lots of love...