Friday, October 8, 2010

Buds...
squeezing
November 14th 2009...feels like yesterday...........and 100 yrs ago.

Well, I managed to get the back yard cleaned up and Danny mowed the lawn...it looks nice. Now I just have to make myself do the side and front......we'll see. The thought doesn't thrill me.
Savannah and I trimmed the grass at the cemetery. That looks much better now too. Livi-Mac was over at mom's so we ran over to visit. She was wearing her tshirt from the luncheon. I said, "I like your shirt". She said, " Jedediah Thomas"!! Love it. I miss my Jed.
Sometimes I think this is so freakin unfair. When I hear people whining about their lives or their kids I want to scream. These are people that have healthy happy children....and the people that bitch and complain who have grown kids I really want to strangle. These are people that have had the privilege of watching their children grow up. They can visit and go out to lunch with their sons. No matter how much they want to try to tell me they understand....they have no flippin clue...at all.... and they should be HAPPY they can't relate. Sorry. Not sure where that came from.
Anyway, on a more constructive note. We are discussing the 2nd Annual Jedediah Thomas Smith Luncheon. Throwing around some ideas. We will keep you posted. I would really like to start a nonprofit of some sort that would raise money in Jed's name for The Four Diamonds Fund and hopefully a small scholarship for a Four Diamonds child or sibling that is accepted to Penn State. I am doing some research but for right now I think it is beyond what I can figure out. There are legal things and crud that I do not understand. Ha, maybe when I finish my degree I will understand it all AND maybe know a lawyer that will help with the paper work! I never really thought about that! Anyway I would like to set it up at some point so when people donate to us they can get a tax break. We'll see. The Jedediah Thomas Smith Foundation will happen I think, someday. Anyway, I will keep you all posted on what we decide for next year.
Ok, gotta go. I'm all itchy from the tomato plants...
Jeddie Spaghetti.....my sweet Jed. Missing you SO MUCH. Mommy Loves you.
Love J & K
Jed, say hi to my friend Lenny :)

2 comments:

Becky said...

Everytime I get overwhelmed with this motherhood thing, everytime I get eaten up with worry, I think about you & Jed and it helps put things in perspective. It's the same game essentially, but you've been to the big show and I'm still playing T-ball. Whole differnt level.
I've been thinking about next year's donation to the luncheon. Definitely kicking it up a notch.

I found a quarter staring up at me this morning as I was strolling to market. ♥

me said...

Beck, that quarter is Jed telling you..It's all good...you are doing a fine job and Edie is a rockin' kid with a rockin' mom. May you ALWAYS stay in Tball. The big league blows..<3