Sunday, October 17, 2010

Wednesday..ALL DAY.... at Roma's pizza in Red Lion..EAT there! Save your receipt, send it to Mazie Gable and 15% goes to Gable, they are giving it to the Leukemia and Lymphoma society...in memory of Jed..............717-417-2835 they deliver! Help the kids honor Jed and in true Jed fashion....help them help others. I am putting the number in my phone and ordering on the way home from school...don't make me food mom...I'm gettin' pizza !!!

Ok, look....I have nothing against breast cancer awareness. I have some people that I really love that have battled this disease.. a couple while they were taking care of kids with cancer....I would never want to take anything away from breast cancer awareness. BUT....I do not know one woman....NOT ONE..that would put herself before a child. So, why is September not Gold everywhere like October is pink? Pink ribbons on toilet paper, yogurt, cars, all professional sports. Everywhere you can imagine there are pink ribbons. I don't want them to go away I just want the kids to get at least that amount of attention (and funding)... to turn everything in September Gold. That's it on that for now....but we will discuss it again...soon :)

Fearless.....
Jed243

I don't think I did so well on my exam. I think I did the thing I always got on Jed's case about.......I did not read the question thoroughly...and I'm pretty sure I wrote a long A$# paragraph on the wrong freakin thing. I cannot tell you how much I stressed to Jed the importance of reading the entire question, ALL the way through, before answering it........DUH. Oh well. My scatteredness...that I must battle while doing this school stuff....took over today. I also forgot my book for computer class. The one class where I MUST have my book. On the shiny side, I was home by 3:30 today :) No use waiting 2 1/2 hrs for a class I couldn't take without my book...oh darn. I have spent the last couple of hours doing what I would have done in class and just for the record... excel sucks. I was lucky enough to score a cheat sheet make by a lovely PSU alum who is now a math teacher :). I will take any help that I can get.

Jed134

Yes I know my pictures have no relation to what I am writing. But really what am I writing...not much!
Thanks Peg for the comments and yes Savannah Renee has been destined for amazing things before she even made an appearance....she has an extremely strong force behind her :)
My lovely friend Becky told me a while back that my babies will change the world. I truly believe that....at least our portion of this world. I don't know how or why I got them....but I'm not arguing! I am very lucky.

I am trying VERY hard to be just a little more upbeat...ugh can you feel the strain?... :) I better go before the real me escapes and starts whining...I mean writing.


Missing you...I have been looking at these brown bananas for days now. I want to make banana bread but you are the only one I know who makes amazing banana bread. I hate to throw them out...but I am not sure if I can bring myself to try. I will look at them for another day.This love we have, you and I, it is too strong for earthly explanations. I feel you here. Mommy Loves You
Love J & k

Please send some cosmic strength to a set parents that lost their son to cancer a few years ago...and lost their other son to a drunk driver a couple of days ago...really? yes really

1 comment:

Becky said...

Why can't it just be CANCER awareness month? There are so many types of cancer out there. Yes, my life has been touched by breast cancer more than any other cancer - three aunts, my best girlfriend from college, my boss (who just found out it's back last week), numerous other women I know. But, I've also been touched by Jed's cancer, by my grandfather's stomach and pancreatic cancer, my uncle's cancer of the jaw, a great aunt's brain cancer, my friend Christa's mother's ovarian cancer.... Why does it have to be BREAST cancer and why does everything, including my sunday comics have to be pink? I'm very much aware of cancer, thank you very much. And yes, I have donated on a few fronts to the cause of ending it.
Your babies ARE changing the world.