Saturday, October 2, 2010

It was an unbelievable day....thank you to EVERYONE...we could not have done it without all the support, hard work and love of our friends and family Thank You...

IMG_2816

There were so many people ...I have NO idea how many, hopefully Savannah knows! There were family from near and far, friends from near and far...coworkers, classmates, our AWESOME GammAcacia family. There were friends of family, family of friends, teachers, NURSES, neighbors, survivors, family of survivors...so many, many people. I am overwhelmed and humbled.

I am not fond of this picture of me but these are three of my most favorite people in the world. Lucas...my chunka love.
IMG_2737

Gamma Phi Acacia...I don't know how we would keep going without your love and eternal devotion to Jed
IMG_2751

Why do I not have a picture of Savannah and Ryan? hhmm

Savannah pulled off an incredible event. Will we do it next year? I'd love too but I really don't know. I am afraid we could never be better than we were today.
Seeing so many people from our Hershey home was wonderful. I miss them all. These are the people that did for Jed what I could not. They kept him going so I had 12 beautiful years...and I am eternally grateful. It is hard to find words to describe what this group means to me. Shelly, our light in the dark..nights were good when Shelly was there. The effort you put into helping us make this event rock is so appreciated. Deana...the best thing that has ever happened to 7 west. The fact that we were there when she joined the team was a huge bonus for us. Her dedication to keeping Jed's pain and anxiety levels down was amazing,and I know, not easy. I will forever see her big circle clock in my head that she drew on the mirror, telling Jed what time he could have certain meds. It was a brilliant idea that helped immensely. Little clock hands for ativan, morphine, zofran and phenergan...a bit of benadryl for good measure. awesome. Holly, your studly was and is devoted to you. I just have no words for what you have given me by how you took care of Jed. Grateful is such a small word. Adam and Emily are beautiful. Seeing you hold that little blond boy just touches me. Then there is Denise, the calming voice on the other end of the phone, an always present, reassuring, super capable, spectacular human being. I felt you were the extra smart big sister that could explain the unexplainable and help my son when I could not. Your presence in my life has been invaluable. The fact that all of you would take the time out of your extremely busy and stress packed lives to, once again, support us and share the "Jed love" is a wonderful thing. Thank you. Oh and while I am naming nurses...Mrs. Kirby, she is the reason I could send Jed to school without having a total panic attack. We all love you so much.
I have to stop now because I want to name EVERYONE but...well I can't. Just know, all of you, that we are thankful to have you in our lives.

IMG_2700

No one has a better family than we do. How lucky am I? Pretty freakin' lucky. Mommo and Nana...awesome job!! Dad you did your job very well too! Pappaw, thank you for showing Gabe, the new owner of Jed's 4 wheeler, how to ride today. Adam, Mindy, Tiersa...ok have to stop. Thank you.
Athena, her family and her staff...you were just out of this world. What you did for us today was so over the top. Thanks are so inadequate.

Table 10....OMG you guys are SO great...thank you :)

IMG_2695

Jed I hope you enjoyed your party. Your sister did an unbelievable job. I looked for you all day. When I saw Holly walk in I almost turned to go find you. I know you, Jackson, Jenn, and all the rest were having a good time with us today. Did you see how many people were there?..Dumb question, of course you did. I know you made sure Jase got your robot, Gabe got your 4 wheeler and of course DJ got your guitar! Oh Jeddie....I would trade it all if I could just have you back. Mommy loves you..forever
Love J & K

Savannah.....I am so Proud....not surprised but very proud. :)

4 comments:

Tiersa said...

Wonderful Job Savannah and Kristin-It was a huge success and you should be very proud of all your fundraising efforts! Miss and love you Jeddie!

Sam said...

You did an amazing job Savannah!! Cannot wait to see you for the Thon 5k. Jed <3 always with us


<3 Gamma Phi

Becky said...

You have to do it next year. I've already started thinking about what I'm making for the silent auction next year......

Anonymous said...

Awesome, amazing event! So well done. Was great to see all of you, Jed is surely proud!!! Holly :)