Thursday, February 25, 2010


Angel Jed



Savannah getting a lift from "big brother" Brent..aka crooked.

Ok, here are some random pieces of info. I will tell them to you and then tell you how they all relate.
So in our house over the past 10 yrs Danny has randomly sang "Old Man River". I didn't know for some time that is was actually a song...I thought he made it up. Anyway over the summer Jed started to randomly sing it....he would just do it out of the blue...we all would crack up and Jed would giggle.
Ever since I have returned to work, every afternoon as the end of the day gets closer I get upset. I used to be so happy to go home. Even when Jed was not feeling well he was happy to see me, he would be waiting for me. Now I know when I go home.....he is not here. I cannot describe how heartbreaking it is. I miss that feeling of being happy to get home and see Jed. It also makes me angry that the place I love the most is so painful to return to. Anyway, so yesterday I was finishing up at work and a guy I work with came over to see if I was ok. He knew I was upset and he sat and talked to me a bit. Everyone has been very nice, a few have been extra nice.
Last night I decided that I was going to stop and get donuts to take to everyone at work..because they have been so nice. This morning I thought for a second that I would wait until next week but I thought, no I want to take them today....so I did.
Ok here is where all this comes together.
When I got to work I put the donuts out. Phil, the guy that talked to me yesterday came over and handed me a CD. He said that his father had given him an album recorded in the 50's and whenever he was sad or upset he listened to it and it made him feel better. He had recorded it onto a CD for me. He said maybe it would help me as it has helped him. He also said that he knew it was a bit before my time and I had probably never heard of it but I should just give it a listen. I looked down and the title of the album and the 1st track was "Old Man River"... I was stunned. I explained the significance of this song in my house. He just laughed. I then told him to make sure he ate some donuts. He came back a few minutes later and said, "by the way today is my birthday, thanks for the donuts"!!!!!
As I write this I realize that many will not see how weird this is but it is ....weird, awesome and just so cool! I think that Phil helped me and Jed made sure I got those donuts TODAY to do good for Phil.
I wish you could hear Jed as I still hear him in my head,,,singing Old Man River... it really was a chuckle. I felt SO good after all that this morning. I don't care what anyone says.... I know that was Jed's doing. I KNOW IT. I just had to laugh. I had told him that subtle does not work with me and I needed him to make sure his signs to me were very obvious! He came through on this one! Don't think for one second that it made it easier to come home..the pain was still the same....but he gave me a good smile today.
Such a funny little man.
Love J & K
oh baby Jed....you are amazing.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our little BIG man will never be far away from us,i miss him beyond explanation every day.When funny little things happen it makes me sad and makes me smile and say atta boy. Lv u bub

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful story. I love reading about all the signs Jed leaves. I think that it is fantastic. And I can't express how greatful I am that you continue to share these stories.
Thank You,
Maggie

Sarah said...

His body may be gone, but his spirit is NO WHERE near gone. The quarters, this cd, the donuts.

Anonymous said...

I keep one of Jed's photos on my desk to remind me each day that I need to be kinder to people and especially my sons (who drive me crazy sometimes).....Thank you Kristin, Jed, and Savannah for the gift that keeps on giving.

Love,
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Love the stories, they just keep touching my heart. One thing I never realized how very much he looks like Savannak until u pudt upangel Jed. wow....plh

Anonymous said...

Love the stories, they just keep touching my heart. One thing I never realized -- how very much he looks like Savannah until u put up angel Jed picture. wow....plh

Anonymous said...

Kristin This was such a great post! Of course Jed made you get the donuts, he is and always will be with you! Thank you for sharing your life with us, and big hugs to you! ~Sara

Anonymous said...

I love love love Jeds new picture you posted! trish

Tiersa said...

Kris,

He has always taught us to think of others and be bigger than just ourselves. He has proven that over and over again. His sweet nature was heaven to be around and I miss him terribly. Keep sharing Kristin-we love hearing how Jed comes to us. I KNOW HE IS LISTENING. I LOVE YOU JED!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Megan was speaking at the Palmyra mini-thon this evening. She had created a power point. One of the photos was of her a Jeddy during the first few weeks of their treatment. Dr. Ungar there. We didn't know. He told us. We are so saddened. Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. We will miss him.
Greg, Jen, and Megan