Monday, February 22, 2010


Kyle's job for THON weekend!

119,000 raised in memory of Jed by his awesome friends

Ryan, Lizzie and Savannah..with Jed

Jared Stillmen an Acacia dancer last year. He made sure Jed was on stage with him...love that
You all made him very proud
Back to work tomorrow for me. I slept until 11am today. Mom is now officially retired...YAY mom. But that means I have to drive myself to work and take food with me if I want to eat...:( I guess at 40 I should be able to do that....it's been awhile. Danny was to come back the 1st week of march but I don't think his Dr is going to let him. His hernia is not healed as well as they would like and it seems to be infected now...he is on antibiotics.
I feel kind of out of it today. Not sure why, I'm sure I got enough sleep. Being away for 3 days then coming home to no Jed is weird. I think it threw me off a bit. Also the fact that our THON was in memory of Jed and not in honor of him is just now hitting me. I believe Jed cushions me from the initial impact of these events so I can get through them. After a day or so though it all hits me and I have to deal with it. Not having him right by my side all the time is extremely hard to handle. It seems to be getting worse by the day. Looking at all the THON pictures and only seeing Jed as a picture on his banner is just not right. I had to tell a few people that he has passed on as some THON people we only see once a year. There were other families there from clinic, ones we only see occasionally and they did not know either. I feel horrible when I have to tell people. For them...well... and for me but more for them because who wants to hear that? It sucks.
I guess that's all for now. I am tired again...hope I sleep. Work with little sleep is unpleasant.
Again thank you to all our THON family. We love you very much.
Love J & K
Savannah...you were amazing.....we are ALL very proud

No comments: