Thursday, February 11, 2010

So I got 2 days off because of the BIG snow. Even now there are many roads drifting shut. Back to work tomorrow I guess. Savannah got her car out but we didn't bother with ours. Danny will work on it tomorrow. Mom will pick me up in the morning. Savannah has to take her car to my parents because she can't get back in the alley much less into her parking spot behind our car.
I spent some time today in Jed's room. I packed 2 big boxes with his winter things. Coats, sweatshirts, long sleeve shirts and a few pairs of flannel lined pants. He loved those because he was always cold. Tomorrow Danny is taking the boxes to be mailed to South Dakota. They had a huge ice storm there in January and many many are still without power, there is a lack of water and heating fuel also. I am hoping a couple of boys will need some warm clothes. There were 4 winter coats! I also put a picture of Jed in each box with a note about Jed. It was very very hard but it was a no brainer. I know this is what Jed would want me to do. He would have packed it himself if he could.
Oh my this really just sucks so bad. I can picture him hanging out in his room . His little smile and sweet face. Watching TV, playing video games, looking for cheat codes. I can hear his giggle and his "oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about" or "wait for it....wait for it....oh yeah" as he watched Family Guy and the Simpsons. When I actually go in there it really hits me that those are things I will never hear or see again. What a nightmare. I wish there was a word to describe the pain...but it is that bad no word fits. We just keep trudging on...there is no real alternative. I thought for sure the pain would kill me....nope, I guess that would be way too easy.
Love J & K
Savannah pointed out that I need to give you all a chance to send your winter coats and clothes also. They are going to:
Cheyenne River Sioux
Tribal Chairman's office
Atten: Ice Storm Emergency supplies
po box 590
2001 main st Tribal Offices
Eagle Butte, SD 57625
They need anything you can send..cash too~ I know we are all a little short on that!

No comments: