Saturday, March 6, 2010

April 2009 annual Hershey park visit with my boys


016
Originally uploaded by kbuckley69

I was out in public today. Saw The Little Shop of Horrors at Red Lion HS with Savannah. They did a great job. Jared was the best wino I have ever seen.. :)
Missed Jeddie..he would have loved the musical..a plant that eats people.
Being in a large group of people is a bit overwhelming but Savannah drug me through it. I saw one of Jed's old teachers. Janet...Jed hung out with her son a bit when she was Jed's tutor. I also saw the principal of Jed's school. She was headed out and I guess in a hurry. She just waved.
Mom dropped her resume off at the education center for a cafeteria job. When she retired I sent her a link to a job posting for a cafeteria job for..it was for the high school. She didn't get her paper work in in time so she missed that opportunity. Savannah was over there the other evening helping mom update her resume and they checked the website.... a new job had been posted....for Mazie Gable..Jed's school! Actually, I went there, my brother went there, Savannah did and so did Jed!!! I think it would be a great part time job to have. Hope she gets it. If they hire her they will be so grateful, she is so organized and such a hard worker...they would be thrilled. Fingers crossed.
I was wondering today if they were going to do anything as a memorial for Jed at the school. Like a bench with his name on it or something. I don't know how that works maybe they only do that at the high school for students that are older. It would be nice to have a bench in the lobby or something with his name on it. I don't think they do that stuff though. I have to laugh...I guess I feel everyone should put up a memorial to him!
AP it was good to see you today. Thank you.
I guess that's it. I am tired,,,but what else is new!
Love J & K

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At our schools you have to donate the bench and then you can put a plaque on it.....

Unknown said...

Kris, I'm proud of you for getting out. Sorrow can wear you out & you'd cut out into oblivion without having social contact. One foot in front of the other... You hang in there, gal.
Your Friend, Susan J.

Becky said...

Yay Savannah for dragging you out.

Anonymous said...

U probably remember the bench in front of the high school was in honor of marc and lori horton. I think the class of 1990 put it there for the two of them. I do not know whether it is still there or whether they removed in when they remodeled the school this last year... good question and school would be a lovely memorial place...
love plh