Monday, January 11, 2010

A little boy I have been reading about for at least a year died last night. He and his family live in Australia. He was 5. Why? What is the point? I do not understand what is gained by these children suffering and fighting only to die anyway. What a freaking mess. I am tired, tired of cancer, chemo, pain and death.
I spent a few hours this evening at the house of some very close friends...family really. Trying to get their youngest child into rehab. What a mess. I love this family and am so sick for them. Tough love is incredibly hard but it really is the only thing to do at this point. Just another freaking mess. I left before they actually got on the road so I am not really sure what is going on.
Why can I only cry for about 30 seconds at a time? I feel like I could just cry and cry and cry but as soon as I actually start to cry..I stop. Weird. It does take a lot of energy, maybe that's the problem...not a lot of extra energy here!
Tomorrow I get to take Danny to have a colonoscopy....whoohoo. My life rocks...ok I guess to put a good spin on this I have to think at least it's not me having the colonoscopy!
It was very odd to be away from the house without Jed. It was even odder to know I didn't really have to go home at any certain time. I didn't have to call home to check and I didn't get any texts asking me to come home. I hated it. I want to come home and take care of Jed. I want to have to go into his room to lay with him so he will go to sleep. I want to have to go downstairs at 3am because he wants morphine and a cup of dried Frosted Flakes. I want I want I want.....but it doesn't matter at all what I want because I cannot have it.
I went to lunch today with mom, Savannah and Grace. After lunch we just ran some errands. It was good for awhile but all of a sudden all I wanted to do was go home and sleep. I checked my phone a million times but of course no one needs me at home and I have no real reason to hurry back.
I stop typing sometimes for 10 to 15 minutes at a time. I find myself just staring at nothing. It's hard to drag myself back from where ever my minds seems to go. I am not actually thinking of anything during these lapses..I am just staring at nothing. Weird.
I want my son back with me. I do NOT want to "find a new normal", I do NOT want to "move on". I do NOT even want to try to "draw strength from the good memories". I. just. want. my. son. I need to hear him talk to me, I need to see his little smiley face. I need to feel him when he climbs into our bed because it is "softer". Yesterday was 1 week since he was with me. I have never, in 12 years, gone this long without being with him. I cannot imagine EVER being happy again. I just do not see how that is possible.
You all are going to get tired of reading the doom and gloom but really....that's all there is in me. I guess I'll go now. Gotta be fresh to be the colonoscopy delivery driver...hey it's Tuesday and I am driving to a doctor. Weird.
Love J & K

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am listening.

Anonymous said...

Dear Kristin,

Always here and always hearing. Wish we could help, my heart aches for you.......much love Peggy

Becky said...

Sounds like Danny is just doing his part to keep your version of 'normal' for just a wee bit longer....
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Dear Kristen: My sister Grace has been my connection about Jed. She told me about your web-page. I've been reading your blog...it's searing in its truthfulness.

You provided normalcy when it was possible and kept your family together during the times that were impossible. I suspect that each new day will be a combination of possible and impossible, and somehow you will get through them.

You, Savannah and Jed are in my thoughts and meditations.

Jo Kmetz

Lisamolina said...

Kristin - Thinking of you today. I wish so much I could take this pain away from you, but I know I can't.

Hope you start having some better dreams soon.
Lisa M