Saturday, January 9, 2010

The only thing that would have made today more perfect is if my Jeddie had been sitting next to me. Savannah did an amazing job. She planned and directed the entire service..it was incredible. I NEVER could have done what she did. I hardly cried at all because it was just so beautiful and wonderful to see all the pictures of Jed and to hear the music he liked and to watch Savannah "do her thing" . I am so thankful to all the people that came to the service and to the banquet hall. Seeing how love for Jed and Jed's love for others brought so many people together really held me up today. My family is so amazingly wonderful. My parents and all they have done through this to save me from having the stress. They have not only helped financially they have of course been there every step of the way. Dad, I know you are angry that you could not "fix" this. I couldn't either but fixing it was not what we are here for. We are here because we were needed to help Jed so he could help others.
As completely devastated as I am I really think Jed was here to teach us all lessons. Everyone that has been touched by Jed either first hand or through others has learned something. He made all of us better people. His sweet, compassionate , caring soul showed us how to be accepting and more loving. His giggle, quick wit and smart comments reminded us all to lighten up and not take everything so seriously. His strength, determination and sheer will showed us all that you can do more and go farther than you ever thought you could. Don't waste these gifts he has given. Take them and run with them. Make my Jeddie proud.
The rest of my family, extended family and friends that are like family have been what has held us up and gotten us through. I will never be able to tell you all how grateful we are.
I have much more to say so Big Jed's World will keep going. You might get a lot of whining and "poor me' kinda stuff but when I can, I plan on trying to make Jed proud..I am sure it will be quite some time but I plan to try.
Again Thanks to all ...the PSU students past and current, the high school students and Jed's elementary school friends, the teachers & staff, doctors, nurse practitioners and nurses, our social worker and HMC staff, Four Diamonds friends, neighbors, my friends from high school (it took me until I was 40 to realize I had so many great school friends), the people from work (so happy to see you all there, especially for Dan and Mom), to my friends that are like family..and of course my wonderful rockin' family..thanks for all the care, love and support for so many years.
Also a special thank you to all my fellow cancer kid moms, I feel your strength and love...my heart is with you in whatever stage of this crappy journey you happen to be in.
Okay starting to ramble, feels like it's 2am....it's only 8:15! Tomorrow will be the internment..can't bring myself to say burial. Jed will 2 blocks away from me, across the street from his school and in the place where we used to walk Emmitt everyday.
Love J & K
A HUGE thank you to ALL the owners and staff of The Great American Saloon and Jed's Lion's "Surprise".... I am blown away by how generous you all have been..Thank you

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristen, you should really consider publishing your writings. Your son was an inspiration, but so are your words. You are a remarkable person Kristen. May the wonderful memories of your Jeddie get you through this difficult period of adjustment.
A Friend of Megan's

Anonymous said...

Dear Kristin, When I said go back to college and have the career An does, so true ...U have started to teach us already, your words are very wise....please use your abilities... U are such an exquisite writter, we all marvel at your blogs... U are a great lady....much love to all Peggy

Anonymous said...

Well said my dear friend, well said! Hugs Casey