Sunday, January 24, 2010

Story for the day...The first book I've read since we came home from the hospital is We are Eternal by Robert Brown. I put it on my kindle..which I really like...just missing the enthusiasm Jed had for it, for me. Anyway, so the book was really good. It calmed me a little bit. I wanted to get it for my parents and then to pass around. Savannah and I went to Borders this afternoon to get it. We looked all over but couldn't even find the right section. So we used the computer to find the book in the store. The computer said it would have to be ordered. I was disappointed. We wandered around and Savannah found the right section, Metaphysical Studies. We looked at all the books on both sides of the big shelf. I was only looking for other authors or titles that were familiar. We were just standing there and I said "ok, oh well lets go". I looked down and right next to my hand on the shelf I'd looked on before was the Robert Brown book I came in hoping to get. The book that their computer said was not in stock...right there next to my hand. Only one copy. I said thanks Jed! Savannah said "ok, let's go"! So My mom got the book and I hope everyone that can will read it.
Alecia,,,my lovely friend and her mom Linda made us seafood lasagna, homemade bread and a homemade cheesecake and then delivered it!!! The 3 of us ate dinner together. Danny had to stand though...hurts to much to sit! The food was awesome. We talked about how Jed would have been excited about the concept and the scallops in it but would have taken 2 bites and said..oh it's very rich!
oh, I have another story...long one sorry. My friend that lost her son 2 yrs ago was telling me that he leaves her dimes and feathers to let her know he is still with her. She said "so keep your eyes out for dimes". That night I was standing in our room and I looked down and right between Danny's shoes was 1 lonely little dime! Needless to say I picked it right up. I told Dan about the dimes and I said I wonder what Jed would pick. My Grandfather is pennies, Jackson is dimes..I know Jed would want quarters but they are so big! I later went to his room and on his bed right where I always lay...was a quarter. :)
Today was a gray, cold yucky day but Savannah and Danny made me go out, Jed made sure I got the book and we had dinner delivered...with dessert. It made today tolerable and we made it through. Thanks.
When I went into Jed's room tonight to turn on his light..for the first time since we came home without him..his room smelled like him. Very faint and only briefly but it was there.
Love J & K
Oh, Jeddie the missing you is so very painful. The whole in our family is so huge. The love you gave and continue to give is holding us up.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is definitely here with you and all of us!

Anonymous said...

Wow........what an amazing day....so full of Jed all around you. I hope hope hope it's comforting for you. It was comforting for me to read that. xoxo Meg (guess that book is next on my read list)

Anonymous said...

Quater man love it too bad it's not dollar man! t

Sarah said...

now i know why there are more quaters in my purse than anything :)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that Jed is finally making himself known.... He just needed a little time to get adjusted.......Love Hugs Casey

Anonymous said...

see, I told you that he would come to you - and he will again
I KNOW THIS
someday I will tell you how
it is so hard for you I'm sure
but keep your eyes and especially your heart open
Patti