Thursday, June 24, 2010

Jed getting birthday wishes from Acacia & Gamma Phi


Jed getting birthday wishes from Acacia & Gamma Phi
Originally uploaded by kbuckley69

Jed in his Penn State room. He loves his bedroom.
One more day of being employed......June and Karen had a surprise party for me today!!!!! Mom and Lisa came in too!! It was very nice of everyone. I felt that I hadn't really been back long enough to deserve any kind of send off...so I was very surprised. June gave me little gifts to drink next to the pool! Lisa brought me school supplies! Karen gave me cheesecake!
We all were told last week at our "official 5 day notice" meeting that we were being laid off some of us volunteered and many did not. Those people did not have a choice but they wrapped their heads around the loss and started to plan ahead. Well today 45 of those people were told that they are not being laid off. It was horrible. These people have cashed in their vacation and used any points they had. Some have registered for school, rented vacation homes and planned many different things. They will not get their deposits on their vacations back, they will have to work all summer with no vacation and no ability to take off at all. Some people even had new jobs starting on Monday. What a horrible mess. It is so wrong on so many levels. Tomorrow should be interesting at work. All this on top of the fact that the people on the line have been training the new people that are being given the jobs they are losing. It gets worse in there everyday.
I am so glad to be leaving. Worried but glad.
Then there is the heat, it is unbearable. They used to add 5 mins to our break and lunch on the really bad days. They also would put tubs of ice and drinks out for us. Today...nothing, I truly think that if someone dies in there their coworker will be instructed to push them out of the way and keep working. Like I said getting worse everyday. Miserable. Now we just have to get Danny out.
Watching the news....love how EVERY republican voted against unemployment. Orrin Hatch said that giving people unemployment just lets them go buy drugs. another senator compared people on unemployment to hobos...and said that those people are lazy and breeding more lazy people!!!! Nice. Oh and a congress woman said that people on unemployment are spoiled!!! Wish they all became suddenly unemployed.
Anyway, Savannah and I went over and raked up all the dead grass and planted new grass seed in our little part of the cemetery. Now I just have to water it everyday so it will grow. We used grass seed that they use at ball parks. I hope it works. I hate that crunchy hard grass that is there now. With all the dead spots and weeds. I am going to get some fertilizer tomorrow and as much as I hate to, I have to kill all those ants...I cannot stand them.
ok, I have to go lie down. My head is killing me tonight.
Jeddie....my heart hurts and I want you to come home. I have had enough. I proved that I am strong and that I can struggle on. Now I just want you home. I don't know how it will be to be home and not have you to take care of. That was the job I loved the most and I want it back. missing you....every second...of everyday day and every night. Mommy loves you
Love J & K

2 comments:

Becky said...

Make sure you water that grass. Take an old milk jug or something, but grass likes to be watered daily until it gets established. But you know this.
The plant sounds horrible. So glad you are getting out of there. Welcome to your new life!
xo

Anonymous said...

Good,Better,Best,Never Let It Rest, Make the Good Better and the Better Best. Do what YOU need to do and never look back. Confusedesh.