Sunday, June 13, 2010

So after waiting and worrying .....the stone is finally in. I was dreading the phone call that said it was finished. I thought it would be next week sometime while I was at work. Jed knew that...he made sure it didn't happen that way. He also managed to add some comic relief to the situation. Danny called to say he was there and it was in. Savannah & I walked over, we sent mom and dad a text and they met us there. We checked it out and hung around discussing how I am going to trim around it and stuff. Danny left and then as Mom and Dad were heading out Savannah & I started to walk home. We heard a gunshot. I figured it was from the farm behind the trees. Savannah and I wandered around reading stones as we walked home. I looked up and saw my parents waiting at the gate for us. Savannah looked at her phone and a message that said, "game warden at the gate, bear loose in the cemetery come out now". You should have seen Savannah pick up those knees and prance very quickly out of there. I of course was hurrying to catch up...because I had no clue what she was talking about. If the bear had come up to us I probably would have asked who was in the suit. Evidently there has been a bear on the loose in the area for a few days and tonight it just happened to be in our cemetery. Leave it to Jed. Not only did he make sure I was not at work when I got the call he also made it into a great story. Crazy.
Today we went to Jim and Grace's. ate some good food and swam between the storms. It was the first time I have been there since about September. It was hard..until I got there.... then I was ok. Glad I went. Thanks guys.
Now I am supposed to be writing a paper for class...glad I have a vacation day tomorrow so I can finished it before 6pm.
9 more days of work....oh my.
Nitey nite Jeddie pooh. Missing you...oh so much. Thanks for relieving the stress at the cemetery...but a bear?? I know you were hysterical watching Savannah high stepping out of there. I can't wait to be with you again.
Mommy loves you...
Love J & K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are those quarters in the bottom left hand corner of the marker??
Are they a permanent part of the stone or did you place them there?
Regardless, love the idea.

Anonymous said...

Love the stone..
Reminds me of my Renees stone with the beginning/opening statement...

Alisha and I found Savannahs flower for her and brought it home then planted it in the ground... it is starting to look good/healthy again...

Life is never ending....his stone makes me smile.....all is well...