Saturday, July 10, 2010

August 2009


August 2009
Originally uploaded by kbuckley69

Assateague Island...Jed, my beach bum.
It's raining. I know we really need it,,,,but it is so depressing.
You know you live in a small town when you go to the mall to pick up patio chairs and your brother is leaving the mall....then you go to Sam's club and your brother is there shopping. That's what happened this morning when I was out with mom.
Later Savannah and I ran down to the antique store in town. I am looking for old chenille bed spreads to cut up and use ...in stuff...I think right now I just am obsessed with cutting them up. Anyway she and I wandered around. We went into one little area and there was an awesome old little table....but I do not need another table. We spent a great deal of time in this little area but didn't see anything we had to have. We went all over the building and checked out the basement too. On the way out we happened to walk over to that one section with the table again. All of a sudden Savannah said...LOOK, I looked up and there was a big sign that said Everything marked JED is 15% off in big red letters! How did we miss that before?? very weird, I would swear those signs were not there 10 mins earlier. We realized that all the stuff in that section was marked Jed. Now Grace had an antique store event just like this....I thought she had said it happened in Dallastown...we were in Red Lion so I was not even thinking about that. It was so funny. Savannah and I decided that we had to buy something from that section and keep the tag on in. Almost everything in there was kitchen stuff!!!!! I looked up and there was a big glass bowl...kinda looked like a fish bowl, it had an S on it. Savannah wanted that. I found a glass jar with a lid to keep my Jed quarters in...it's an old ALL Spice jar. as we are looking at all this stuff marked Jed there are so many funny things....lots of old medicine tins...Meds are big in our house, there was a sign that said Smith bros cough drops...just so many funny things. Jed is just getting SO good at this stuff. Savannah tried to tell me that when we went into the basement they had a juke box playing....Jeremiah was a bull frog...I always sang that to Jed but put Jedediah in for the name. I wasn't paying attention but Savannah caught it right away. I wish I had written down every little thing that happened in there. It was great. I used to take Jed there with me all the time. He was such a good sport wandering around with me. Oh there was also a harmonica with a JED tag....Jed loved his harmonica when he was little. So my Jed quarters are in my jar....we made the lady leave the tags on our stuff...they thought we were crazy. oh well. They just didn't get the fact that Jed was antiquing with us today.
Boy that was a lot of rambling.
Goodnight baby Jed. Thanks for the fun time at the antique store today. Still missing you every second. I cannot believe this is my reality now...it is just so very wrong...I hate it. Come see me in my dreams. Mommy loves you...more than anything.
Love J & K

No comments: