Thursday, July 29, 2010

Camp Can Do August 2008


100_2399
Originally uploaded by kbuckley69

The thing that got Jed to go to camp....the outdoor cooking segment!
I was given a wonderful gift last night in the form of a message forwarded to me from Savannah. Maddie, a cancer survivor and PSU York's THON child, sent Savannah her best memory of Jed. It was so wonderful. Jed did not get to be a normal kid often and he very rarely did anything that I was not present for. To read a story about Jed that I knew nothing about is very special....I don't know how many stories there are like that. I love seeing Jed through another person's eyes especially another child. With Maddie's permission here is her story.

Subject: hope to make your day
So I leave for camp can do this weekend and I can't stop thinking about when Jed went 2 years ago. He was telling everyone all week that he was going to ask a special girl to the dance. All week he wore his green crocs up and down all those hills. The dance came on thursday and he still hadn't asked his "special girl". He was walking around and pacing in the funk when everyone started walking into the funk, the building wear they held the dance. He danced with his friends for a while and then stopped. Brii Sarina and I were sitting outside the building because it was really hot when he walked out. He stood there and then came over and started talking to us. He then leans over and asks me to dance. So we danced. I can't remember the song, the time, or what he was wearing besides his green crocs but we danced and danced. First with me, then with Brii and I and by the end of the night he was surrounded by girls. What a ladies man haha. But we danced and that is memory that will last forever. Hopefully this makes you smile because that was the purpose. I love you tons and I think every single person that met him has a little piece he left behind for them to keep until they meet again. Love you tons Savannah!♥. Hopefully talk to you soon. Love maddie.

How wonderful is that story? I laughed and cried and cannot think of it without doing all of that again. I can picture Jed being nervous, then sucking it up and asking and then.....I can picture him dancing....AAHHH I wish I had video.
I would love to hear any other stories about Jed. Please send them to me and I will post them (unless you ask me not too).
Jeddie....Danny told me today that he picked up his phone and somehow it was online and showing Fox cartoons. Of course it was Family Guy that was playing on his phone! and...when he was texting me to tell me about it Rock Star came on the radio.... :) you were busy to day buddy! I am missing you more than I could ever say. Mommy Loves You
Love J & K

4 comments:

Becky said...

That is such a sweet story. ♥

Anonymous said...

Hops read this and was touched beyond consolation. it took him awhile to compose himself,then we sat down to watch tv. during a commercial break he went to get up off the couch and something dropped onto the floor. It was a quarter. now i know it wasnt in the cushions because that afternoon I had taken it apart to vacuum everything. so he smiled and cried and said thank you Bub.XXXOOO Mommo

Anonymous said...

this story made me so happy! i need to see you guys--it's been way too long!

love, kait

Anonymous said...

This was beautiful. Maddie should be a writer.