Sunday, July 25, 2010

Jed's 1st tomato


Jed82
Originally uploaded by kbuckley69

I think the veggies notice that Jed is not here to give them constant attention. They must feel my apathy, they are growing but with no real vigor.
It has been 3 years since Savannah assisted me in ripping down a big ugly cabinet in our kitchen. So all this time our dishes have been sitting on the counter. Today....today we finally put up the open shelves I had planned to put up 3 years ago. They look great and I'm glad they are up. Now the only part of the kitchen I have not cleaned or weeded is the top of the fridge. The top of the fridge is the "med" shelf. There are 2 baskets up there full of Jed's meds. It seems like the top of the fridge is staring at me....like that small space is growing bigger.....looming over the rest of the kitchen. I guess at some point I will have to do something about it. Savannah had a good idea. She said not to go through the meds just move the baskets...away somewhere. But I am not sure how I will feel looking up and not seeing the med baskets. I miss my son.
He would be so happy with the shelves. Every time I changed something in the house he loved it. It's very hard to change even the slightest thing now though because I don't want anything to be different. But really....I guess everything is different....and always will be.
Missing you Jeddie. I could hear you saying "holy fish paste mom" when you saw how many plastic containers I pulled out from under the cabinet! I had so many I gave Mommo a garbage bag full...they were hers originally anyway! Oh Jed, I hate this. I don't want it to be this way. I want you back....I just want you back...
Mommy loves you....forever....always....more and more
Love J & K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That little man is so proud of his tomato. Lv and miss you very, very much.