Sunday, July 4, 2010

Jed, Mommo and Livi-Mac labor day 2009 at Bob and Sharon's house.
We went back to Bob and Sharon's today for the 4th of July. It was nice..just not the same as with Jeddie. but what is...nothing really. Adam had a slip n slid..the kids loved it. Livi- Mac would only get wet if she was naked. When your 2...naked is an option...one that should be exercised at whim. The Mac knows that. She was naked for quite a bit. Fun..but only a shadow of what it would have been with Jed there.
I have been stressing about the holidays...I know they are far away but I really do not want to go through them. We were trying to plan Thanksgiving on St John. That was the goal Jed and I set. We wanted to spend Thanksgiving 2010 celebrating on St John. I wanted to honor that but it was causing stress among the family as we tried to figure out how to afford to go. Danny Savannah and I were just going to go alone but I knew that was not what Jed wanted. So I guess we will do that another year...just not this one. Instead Savannah Danny and I are going to St. Croix. Danny's nephew and his wife live there with their 2 little boys. They have graciously offered to have us stay with them for the holiday. It is perfect. Completely different and separate from anything I have done or was planning to do with Jed. Far away from our regular Thanksgiving....Jed's favorite holiday. Our tickets are booked and so is our rental car...we are ready. I think it will be a good thing. Russ and Kate are great people. Their company, Graphic Consulting, http://vigeocon.com/373.html does something that I don't think I quite understand. Environmental impact assessment, Natural resource and land use planning....lots of other important stuff ....they are all super educated and extremely smart. They also are super nice. We can't wait to see them and play with their 2 cute little boys, Azure and Elan. I love that we are staying with locals...they always know the best parts of the island. I think it will be good. Lots of chillin'. My favorite thing though was the look on Savannah's face when I told her Kate told me that they "sometimes" have hot water :) Can't wait to see Savannah living like a hippie! She will love it.
Now I just have to figure out a way to make it through Christmas. I will try to not worry about that for awhile. ...try. Tomorrow I think we will go bug Grace and float in her pool.
Savannah and Kyle went to the harbor to watch the fireworks. They will be home tomorrow. She was all excited because their hotel upgraded them to the suite!! My brother always gets upgraded too...me..not so much! Oh well! She was very happy!
Missing you Jeddie Spaghetti. My heart hurts. Being without you is constant pain and sadness and loneliness. I try to only think of the the fun times and your sweet funny smile but then I always end up thinking about how much we were together...how it was ALWAYS you and me. When everyone else was busy or tired or whatever, you and I were together. My life was being with you...now I am without you. You were my tether, you kept me grounded and gave me a purpose. Finding a reason to get up everyday and keep going is extremely hard.
Mommy Loves you baby Jed....
Love J & K

No comments: