Saturday, July 24, 2010

One year ago today....Jed with all his loot from the Carlisle BikeFest. Last year I was runner up in the "biker makeover" and when Jed was too sick to come with me Sara, Jodi and Rick collected all this stuff from the vendors for Jed. He was thrilled. Today was this year's biker make over. They held it in memory of Jed. Dad and Uncle Jack took me up so I could see everyone. Danny had to work. It was so nice to see them. I wanted to stay until the "big reveal" at 4:30 but it was just WAY too hot. If I am complaining about the heat you know it's hot! I was afraid I would kill Dad and Uncle Jack! So we came on home about 1pm. Talk about HOT ride..holy god. Sara gave me a bag of Pampered Chef stuff for the silent auction (because she knows Jed loves to cook). She also gave me a framed pic of a motorcycle from a friend of hers. It is really cool and will be a great silent auction item. She was really busy so I hung out and bugged Jodi for a while and then I had to get the old guys home.... :) so we left. I didn't get to see Sara before I left but Danny and I might go back tomorrow...depending on how hot it is. Everyone was so nice and I was very glad I got to see them. I was also glad dad and Uncle Jack took me over. I was going to ride my bike but it was just too hot to put my boots on!
Danny worked all day in this miserable heat. When he came home I took him to dinner and then we watered the grass seed.....still not growing....But IT WILL.
Missing you baby Jed. I know you were with me today....I know you are with me everyday. Come see me in my dreams. Mommy loves you spaghetti head.
Love J & K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristin,
Nothing but love to you and your family! Thank you so much for stopping out to see us, OMG it was really hot this weekend! We will always remember Jed, he brought you and your family into our lives! Much love and respect! ~Sara