Saturday, July 17, 2010

Dan and Jed picking up Dan's new bike


noname
Originally uploaded by kbuckley69

I took a ride with Danny today. I rode with him....in Jed's spot. I have not ridden my bike since last October. Sometimes I think I might want to....then I think..nope. I like being in Jed's seat. We rode for 2 hours on all these little roads along the river and ended up about 15 mins from home! We then headed up the river further and had lunch on the deck at a restaurant near Harrisburg. It was a nice ride...the ride home was very hot! While we were along the river we saw a little lane we have never been by before...
J3 Smith lane.... :)
Savannah and I went out to do some running around..looking for baskets and that basket wrap that shrinks with a hair dryer for our silent auction stuff, Joanne fabric had it but we are going to try to find it cheaper. Thank you to everyone that is helping us get goodies. We are still in need of maybe some electronics and a weekend get-a-way, services like house cleaning..etc. If anyone knows anyone that would like to donate please email Savannah srs0504@gmail.com. The link to her blog is in the right hand corner with the link to Danny's. We are grateful for ALL donations. We have 2 different wine tastings at 2 local vineyards. One is for 10 people and 1 is for 12!
She and I just got back from the cemetery. We reseeded, put down some started fertilizer. It is actually paper pellets with fertilizer in them. When they get wet they expand and hold the water so the grass seed stays wet longer. As I was seeding, she was reading the container...the stuff was invented by Penn State! ...of course it was. I also put a little red pinwheel and a little red butterfly there too. I know Jed is rolling his eyes right now!
As we were riding along, I was thinking of Jed...of course and thinking of DJ and how it will be watching him grow up. Knowing that all his milestones are ones I cannot share with Jed. On the other hand knowing that DJ will be going through life carrying Jed in his heart is so beautiful. Not many people get a friend like D....such a great guy. I haven't seen him in a bit. I always feel bad because I cry when I see him and he is a 12 yr old boy.....how fair is that? Poor guy! Those 2 were such a great pair. I miss my "boys"! But right when I was starting to get to the point I try to avoid....the point where I know there is no hope...I will never have what I need and what I want...this is it.. at that exact point... a little blue bird flew right past us. Thanks lovey.
I miss you Jeddie...more and more and more. I am not liking this at all ..it sucks and I want you home. oh Jeddie...Mommy Loves you
Love J & K

No comments: