Monday, July 5, 2010

Jed and Savannah...back in the day!


Jed119
Originally uploaded by kbuckley69

This was in March of 1998 I think. Jed was about 6 months and Savannah was almost 7. If you look really hard you can see Walter in the back round.
Danny and I watered the grass seed this morning and then spent a few hours floating at Grace and Jim's. We came home and just chilled this evening. I made a baby blanket a few days ago from some pretty pink fabric I had. I have been looking online for more fabric...fabric is VERY expensive. It's ridiculous.
Savannah is home from the harbor. She said the Baltimore fireworks kinda sucked. Welp there is a recession and Baltimore is suffering. She also said the sirens didn't stop all night. They do have a slight murder issue also.
She and I are headed back over to water the grass seed some more. Damn stuff just does not want to grow!
I have a friend, a fellow cancer kid mom. Her name is Emma and she lives on Long Island. We have never met but she has been a constant source of support for probably at least a year. She sent me a message today relaying a series of 3 quarter stories. She said she is positive it was Jed that orchestrated these events. 1st, she was at Dorney Park (a water park) with her kids and her middle son, Zachary, a cancer survivor noticed a funnel cake shop. She said he could go check out the shop. When he got to it he bent down and picked up a quarter that was lying there in front of the shop. He gave it to his mom and said he wanted her to have it. Her next quarter encounter; she was shopping at costco with her family and Zachary wanted a bottle of water out of the vending machine. She gave him 50 cents but the machine didn't dispense the water and kept one of his quarters. Emma didn't have another quarter on her but the man standing behind them said here young man this is for you and he handed him a quarter. The man was wearing a Family Guy T-shirt!
The last story: Emma was coming out of Target and there was a quarter next to the car parked next to her. She bent to pick it up and the the letters on the license plate were JD. She said she really felt Jed was using her to send me some love and to let me know he is still here. I completely agree. Because he knows how much she has supported me and she prays for Jed and I everyday.... he knew she would know it was him. Very cool. Good job Jeddie. Thanks Emma!
Jeddie, I am missing you and my heart is aching but knowing you are here and sending me love through others is wonderful. Mommy loves you baby Jed.....and I cannot wait to see you. Come see me in my dreams
Love J & K
Oh Savannah wanted me to pass the word that we are looking for someone to donate color copying/printing for the luncheon programs. also we are still looking for silent auction items...electronics and a weekend vacation stay or really anything!
thank you all in advance.
We will also be taking pre-orders for our T-shirts soon. When I get one I will post a picture of it. :)

No comments: