Friday, July 9, 2010

Gettysburg Bike week 2007



Jed loved the Budweiser Clydesdales.

He and Danny had a great time at the vendor stands.
Jed was way cool in his shades.
Always happy to stay in a hotel.
This was our 1st trip to Gettysburg bike week. It's barely an hour from our house but after riding up there and walking around Jed was exhausted so we stayed the night. He always loves to stay in a hotel!
We went again in 2008 but only spent the day. Last year Danny and I went for a few hours but Jed didn't feel well enough. He stayed with my mom for the afternoon.
Now Bike week 2010 is here....we are not going. I have zero desire to go. It was so much fun with Jed. Last year was a bit boring but we bought him stuff...this year...there is just no reason to go. But really....everything feels that way....just no reason for it. Pointless. I know that is pretty morose but it's just how it is I guess.
Savannah and I did go see Trish and Lucas today. Nurse Jill and her son Kolton were there and Nona was there for a bit too. It was SOOOOO good to see them. We talked about our boys a lot...it's nice to be with someone that knows exactly what we are talking about. Jill is no longer a nurse at Hershey. After she had her son she just could not take dealing with the hell of 7 west. I don't blame her.
Kolton and Lucas were so funny to watch and cute too. Lucas......omg...so extremely cute. What a wonderful little boy. It was emotional to see all of them but really so nice....I have felt very cut off from people that were such a huge everyday part of my life for so many years. Oh and of course snuggling Lucas is huge therapy. We watched part of the Lily Dale special. I will finish watching it at mom's tomorrow. We are batting around the idea of going there for a weekend. Me, Trish and another mother in our sucky club, Linda. She lost her daughter right after Trish lost Jackson. I hate to say lost....they are not lost....we are. I think it would be a pretty awesome weekend. Whenever they can go I will definitely tag along. They both have little kids so they have more planning to do!
Oh Jeddie, you and your little buddy Jackson were very much with us today. Thank you so much for all the incredible people that I have met because of you. You have given me some wonderful friends....thank you. Missing you. My heart hurts and the tears are always ready to pour. The ache of not being able to take care of you, see you, talk to you and hold your hand is just about unbearable. I want you home...but I know you are whole, healthy, happy and doing all the things you didn't get to do here....so, as much as I want you here with me.I know you are better where you are. Keep giving me signs....haven't had a quarter in awhile but I get all the little number signs you give me constantly all day. Thank god for that because I wouldn't make it if I wasn't sure that you were still around me. I also love how you talk to me through others...keep it up! I know..I'm pretty needy. Oh Jed...my lovely friend....Mommy Loves you...always.
Love J & K

No comments: