Wednesday, August 25, 2010

THON 5K 2009

We Want The Lion!!!


My brain is tired.
The kid sitting next to me in Business Law was wearing a bracelet with a little tiny sponge bob charm on it! I just looked at it and smiled.
A fellow cancer kid mom, Marianne, told me that when she was visiting the cemetery with her sister-in-law she was saying that she had asked her daughter, Anika, to please send a butterfly to land on her arm. Just as she finished telling her sister-in-law this, a butterfly flew right over and landed on her arm!! Anika has been gone 1 year now. I remember following her story and sobbing in the dark, at the hospital while Jed was sleeping. Her oldest is away at college and her husband works. She and Ani were like Jed and I.....always together. Our kids are incredible and they are both looking after their moms. The friends I have made through all of this are more gifts from Jed. They just keep coming :)
I am tired. Heading to bed to read. NOT school stuff though.
Danny leaves on Tuesday for California to see his family. He will be gone a week. Two days after he comes home Savannah and I are going to Long Island for a night to see ...George Anderson...I am excited. I have read every book he has out.
Ok that's it.

Jeddie babe, I am going over to trim and clean things up tomorrow. It's looking a bit jungle like over there. I also have to go to the grocery store tomorrow....you will be there right? Jed, the absence of you in my life is unbearable. Missing you Jed....really really missing you. I just keep telling myself every day down...means I am a day closer to you.
Mommy loves you...always
Love J & K

No comments: