Sunday, August 1, 2010

Jed..kickin' it in his room



Originally uploaded by kbuckley69

The King of Chill. Jed has always been very good at chillin'.
So our trip to Philly was great. I am glad we went. We spent the whole day walking all around and we also did the double decker bus tour of the city....very touristy I know but it's a great way to understand the layout of a city that you don't know well. We did a tour of Eastern Penitentiary...cool place. Danny ran up the "rocky" stairs and I took his picture with the statue. All our meals in Philly were great. Yesterday we ate a cool Colombian place. We sat outside and there was a little bird that was eating bread out of my hand the whole time. The food was awesome. Today we ate at a place down on South street. It was a BBQ place....Danny ate ribs and brisket, I had chicken salad. Yummy. The best part of the meal was my drink. Vodka, peach juice and sweet tea.....whoohoo.
So all in all.....the trip was fun. I even smiled some. Danny and I stopped and watered the grass seed on the way home. Coming home was hard...it was also weird to get up this morning and not head right home. There has never been a time that I have gone away for a Saturday night and not hurried up to get home to the kids on Sunday..especially Jed. The last time I saw Tom Petty was in VA and I promised Jed I wouldn't even be gone 24 hrs...and we were not! I wish I had had to rush home this morning....I wish I could have bought Jed a cool Tom Petty shirt...and a cool t-shirt from the Eastern Penitentiary. It sucks ....just really sucks.
Missing you SO MUCH. Just missing you
Mommy loves you baby Jed
Love J & K

1 comment:

Savannah said...

i can probably handle the science homework... for a small fee ;)


or dinner.