Thursday, September 30, 2010

Jed and his "women of summer"....Ashlyn and Hayley Althoff. He loves these girls and he loves this family. Hayley had a birthday party last year and raised $3,000 for the Four Diamonds Fund in honor of Jed....and she had never met him. Then, after knowing him only a few months, asked to speak at his service. How amazing is she? We can't wait to see them at the luncheon.

Jed47

Speaking of the luncheon...it is crunch time. Savannah is freaking out a bit but she really has it all under control. "When I tell you what I want you to do I have to do it like five times"......and that's before I have had any of my peach wine from Nana. Poor Savannah. It will all be over soon and I know she will pull off an amazing event. This is something she does extremely well and I'm positive there are many many more things to come.
One of our THON dancers last year, Todd Hoffman (an Acacia brother), and his family are graciously donating a 32" LCD tv and a Best Buy gift card for "tv accessories" to our silent auction!!! Awesoommmee!! We are just waiting to get delivery information set up.
So many people have really gone over and above to help us make this event terrific. Thanks to the lovely Karen Simon....the programs look great!
It has been raining here all day. At some points it looked like a monsoon. Needless to say I did not go to the cemetery today. I am there about six times a week...but remember....it is right across the street. Anyway, Tuesday night I stopped by to drop off balloons and a flower cake for Jed's birthday yesterday. It was pitch black and as soon as I pulled in it started to pour. I debated about getting out but I wanted the stuff to be there when the sun came up and it was his birthday. I put everything out and noticed my cousin had left his business card (his way of saying "I was here"). As I was looking at the business card on the stone I realized all the quarters everyone has been leaving were gone. :( I knew it wouldn't last. I am not too upset about that because I knew it would happen. When I turned around to go back to my car, sad and a bit disappointed, I noticed the headstone right in front of Jed"s was knocked over. Now that is uncool. I called the police, a very nice officer came out and made a report and called the caretaker. The officer got a bit choked up when he saw Jed's stone. The broken stone has been fixed and it was the only one knocked over. Let's hope it stays that way. Geeze, that can create some bad karma...those kids better do something nice to balance that out! So that is the excitement of my life. My living room is packed with auction stuff.....can't wait to see everyone and can't wait for you all to bid on the cool stuff we have. :)

jed8x10

Good night Jeddie. Saturday is almost here. I know you will be right there with us and I know you are so proud of your sister. You should leave her another quarter in the toilet. Ahh, my Jed, the missing you gets bigger everyday. It takes my breath away. My days are so empty and hollow without you here filling it all up. Quiet too, no smart comments, funny giggles and tv commentary. It sucks. Again, a day over is a day closer to you. Mommy Loves You....
Love J & K

4 comments:

Savannah said...

Did you steal my words? "crunch time" now appears in both of our posts.

love you. and mostly i just have to say things over and over because i'm picky & particular.

love you.

me said...

I wrote first so you stole mine. Thats why things are done correctly....because you are picky and particular. Love you too

me said...

I wrote first so you stole mine. Thats why things are done correctly....because you are picky and particular. Love you too

Ariel Abramowitz said...

We sat at the same table as them today! What an incredible little girl.