Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Jed hanging in the hall August 2009


Jed hanging in the hall
Originally uploaded by kbuckley69

I was going to write some crappy maudlin poem but I have 2 dreams to tell you all about...will prob take me forever, oh and these are not my dreams sadly. 1st, A work friend, June, had a dream a few nights ago, I won't go into a million details but someone was knocking on her door and she didn't get to it in time. When she opened the door a mutual friend was walking across her lawn. She asked him who knocked and he said it was his brother. She looked at the car he was getting into and the brother that knocked was in the car along with their sister that passed away from cancer about 2 yrs ago. June thinks that part of the dream was to bring cancer to the forefront. The next part was she saw a boy of about 12 riding his bike up a HUGE hill. She said to the boy. "that is a very steep hill for you to be riding up". The boy looked at her, smiled really big, made muscles and said " I'm strong now". She said her immediate reaction was "that's Jed"! She came to work but didn't tell me about the dream. She told another co-worker that she didn't want to upset me and didn't know what to do. That night she went home and was watching the news. They did a story about a dust storm on rt 15 somewhere out west. At the end of the story the newscaster said,"here is a piece of trivia for you, highway 15 was mapped out by a trapper and explorer named Jedediah Smith". June said she knew that was her sign to please tell me that Jeddie wants me to know he is strong and riding his bike! Jed has a list he made in October of "things I want to do when I finish chemo". Learning to ride his bike was near the top of the list! I am so happy to know he is riding!
Pretty cool.
The other dream came from my sister-in-law. She dreamed she was in a big basement like rec room. Danny and I were sitting on a couch and between us with his head in my lap and feet in Dan's was Jed. He was smiling. She came over and said "Jed is that you"? He never spoke but he shook his head yes and continued to smile. She said after everyone had some time with him he got up and walked to the stairs. The steps went up and into a very bright light. Jed went up a few steps and stopped to smile at everyone and then he went into the light. Beautiful! I am so happy to hear these dreams....I wish they were happening to me but as long as I am told about them I can live with that!
Thanks guys and thanks baby Jed. My turn soon? I love you sweet pea. Missing you, missing you, missing you. Saw a friend of yours running by the house while I was on the porch this evening....made me cry. He was running and smiling.
Livi-Mac stopped by and ran up and down your sidewalk. Again, missed you. You should be here for all these things...no matter how little. Trying to do the everyday stuff is torture without you. We did that stuff together, now it is just hard. You made stuff fun and interesting..not much is interesting and nothing is fun. I try though.
Love you baby
Love J & k

No comments: