Sunday, May 16, 2010

this was the "softest goat"


Jed176
Originally uploaded by kbuckley69

Jed decided that this was the softest goat....hhmm.
Anyway, I was supposed to study today. I went outside first and decided to paint around the back door where the old paint was peeling. It turned into an all day job. Once I started to pick off the paint the entire door frame had to be scraped and sanded before I got to paint it. It looks much better now. Danny made another veggie bed for me to plant stuff in. My mushroom soil is coming on Thursday ( I have a vacation day).
So I can plant after that. The whole thing with the planting is that I have to cook the stuff....Danny volunteered so I guess whatever he doesn't cook for me I will give away.
Today Savannah told me that Pappaw and Nana are donating Jed's almost brand new 4 wheeler for a silent auction item at her luncheon on October 2nd. WOW. It is SO VERY awesome of them to do that but it is SO VERY sad too. When Jed relapsed the first time, after we had been in the hospital for a bit, Pappaw brought up catalogs and told Jed to pick the 4 wheeler he wanted. Jed poured over those catalogs for at least 2 weeks. We debated the pros and cons of every vehicle in those catalogs. He was so thrilled when he got to go get it. Thinking about the fact that Jed will never ride it again is heartbreaking....just devastating. Knowing it will help raise money to support other kids with cancer and their families is wonderful ...and such a Jed thing.
I was sitting on my front porch studying and a butterfly landed right next to me, I put my hand out and it climbed right onto my hand. It stayed there for a long time, until I tried to get up and show the kids on the porch next door! Then it flew all around both porches and disappeared. Thanks Jeddie. The medium I saw on Mother's day said "Jed is going to send you a butterfly soon."
I love you and miss you more everyday. It sucks, and it is so very painful. I miss you so much it hurts to breath sometimes. I could cry at any second but I know if I start I will not be able to stop. I can't wait to be with you again.
Love J & K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my my do i miss my little man.